Woman Finds Dead Toad in Green Beans- Awarded $50

chubb chubbTOad

Gawker: Last month, Gloria Chubb prepared one of her standard dinners: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans from the can. “My son put some on his plate and said, ‘What is that?’” Chubb told CBS News. “I thought maybe it was a piece of moldy bacon or something. Because they have bacon in them sometimes.” 

She picked the mystery chunk from the bowl to inspect it. “I took it out, and it was a toad,” she said, laughing, “with parts of his little legs in the green beans.” Meijer, the company that produced the can, gave Chubb a check for $50 and a letter of apology. The company also issued a statement: “We sincerely regret this customer’s experience, and we are in the process of investigating the incident.” 

“Chubb thinks the company should do more to protect their customers. “I think they should come up with a better way of inspecting and canning vegetables,” she said. “I mean anything can happen you know but a whole frog?””

 

 

Oh don’t mind that moldy bacon, it happens. Gimme a break Chubbs.  For starters, if you’re frequently finding moldy bacon chunks in your greens it’s time to find a new brand. I don’t know what type of operation Gloria Chubb is running over there in Indiana but moldy bacon will not fly in my household.

Now. $50 and a half-assed apology? Chubb got hosed! I’m asking for 4 figures minimum. A lifetime ban of the product as well. Nothing short of $1000 will compensate for a dead toad in my food. Period.

Have to agree that coming up with a better way of inspecting the greens is good advice. A good start might be to leave the amphibians on the conveyor belt. Figuring out how to not have moldy bacon mixed in with the greens would also be good. Meijer has to be run by a pack of savages.

 

 

Leave a Reply